Thursday 26 April 2012

Count Down to May Warmahordes

Its now only a week and a bit to May Day Warmahordes!!

I've been painting like a mad man to get a silly number of models finished. I'll admit, its only silly to me, given my previous painting speed. But much to my own surprise, I'm not doing a bad job.

However, I'm running out of painting days due to other commitments between now and the Bank Holiday, so time to nail down what I'm taking and make sure that's all painted. With War Room now not coming out until mid-May, I'm forced to take Cryx as I don't have the Mk2 cards for my Skorne.

So far we've just been playing straight forward caster kill games, which I expect we'll continue with. I'm up against a jack heavy Menoth, Mage Hunter Retribution force, Starterbox+ Circle and a ranged heavy Cygnar (I know, most Cygnar are ranged heavy).

Last time I fielded the following:

Warwitch Deneghra
* Deathripper
* Deathripper
* Skarlock Thrall
Mechanithralls (Leader and 5 Grunts)
Necrosurgeon & 3 Stitch Thralls
Pistol Wraith
Warwitch Siren

While I did ok, I'm not sure I made much use of the Warwitch and the Mechanithralls. Also, with it being 15pts, and a lack of infantry, I wasn't able to regenerate the Mechanithralls as well as I intended. I'm expecting to face at least 1 heavy 'jack or 'beast in each list, and I don't feel I have much to deal with them.

I have been toying with the idea of fielding the following instead:

Iron Lich Asphyxious
* Cankerworm
* Nightwretch
* Nightwretch
Bane Thralls (Leader and 5 Grunts)
Pistol Wraith

I've always loved Bane Thralls, they are a solid unit that can take apart infantry or warjacks/beasts. I think the Cankerworm could be fun, but I'm not sure I need 2 arc nodes. I think I'm going to shelve this list and look at another Gaspy list.

New Asphyxious list:

Iron Lich Asphyxious
* Cankerworm
* Nightwretch
* Skarlock Thrall
Bane Thralls (Leader and 5 Grunts)
Mechanithralls (Leader and 5 Grunts)
Necrosurgeon & 3 Stitch Thralls

Only 1 arc node, but a Skarlock Thrall who acts in a similar manner anyway. Mechanithralls are in there to act as a tar pit against anything I don't like the look of, Banes and Cankerworm can eat any 'jacks, while I line up Gaspy for a run at the caster.

Hmm, now this is an interesting one:

Warwitch Deneghra
* Defiler
* Slayer
* Skarlock Thrall
Bane Thralls (Leader and 5 Grunts)
Warwitch Siren

Half of the army has Stealth, and the Slayer can be given Ghostly to help it get where it needs to go. I'll actually have a heavy 'jack who can go up against any other 'jacks, all be it with support from the Warwitch.

I have many options to ponder. Anyone fancy offering me some gems of advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment