Saturday 14 April 2012

Painting Update

I have this tendency to only post updates when I've got new finished models to show. However, given how I paint (many things, a little at a time) this results in large gaps between posts. So, I'm going to try and post more often, even if they don't have pretty pictures.

This weekend I hope to get much painting done, so I won't post anything yet. Instead, I'll take a look how far I've got with each of my planned armies.

Cryx
This started as the most complete, so in principle should be the closest to completion!

 Iron Lich Asphyxious - Done
* Cankerworm - Ran into a small problem, I'm missing the jaw for some reason. Still 50% done though.
* Nightwretch - Done
* Nightwretch - Done
Bane Thralls (Leader and 5 Grunts) - I'm about 33% of the way through a full unit.
Pistol Wraith - Done

Menoth
I've put much of this force on the back burner until I can get the Harbinger put together. I did sort the Choir out though, as it may need to be loaned out to my Menoth opponent.
Harbinger of Menoth - To be constructed
* Repenter - To be Undercoated
* Crusader - To be undercoated
Choir of Menoth (Leader and 3 Grunts) - Full Unit Done
Holy Zealots (Leader and 5 Grunts) - Undercoated
* Holy Zealot Monolith Bearer - To be undercoated
Paladin of the Order of the Wall - Done

Skorne
As with my Cryx, these guys were well on their way to being complete at the start. I have swapped a Savage for a Brute, so technically putting me a step back.
Master Tormentor Morghoul - Done
* Cyclops Savage - Done
* Cyclops Brute - 50% Done
* Titan Gladiator - Done
Paingiver Beast Handlers (Leader and 3 Grunts) - 50% Done
Bloodrunner Master Tormentor - 75% Done

Legion
I think I've got a paint scheme I can replicate accross the warbeasts, but have yet to do anything bigger than a Shredder. I've also realised I don't have the horns for Thagrosh, something I need to look for before I order anything from the parts department.

 Thagrosh, Prophet of Everblight - To be undercoated
 * Shredder - Done
* Shredder - Done
* Carnivean  - To be undercoated
Blighted Ogrun Warmongers (Leader and 2 Grunts) - 90% Done (final touches on 1)

Some people might not view this as a huge amount of progress, but given the amount of time I get to paint, I think I'm doing pretty good!
Only downside is, none of these include being based. Basing is something I've never quite gotten the hang of, and as a result 99% of my miniatures have unpainted bases. Perhaps its time I knuckled down and got basing.

No comments:

Post a Comment