Thursday 21 June 2012

Harbringer of Menoth

Its been nearly a month since I posted I had made a start on my Harbringer of Menoth. Well, I'm happy to announce I've finally finished her!!

 Appologies for the poor background, I need to get a better photographing setup for this sort of thing.

I've been working on her to the exclusion of everything else, but its still taken me a while to get it finished to a level I'm happy with. I've previously had problems painting my Menoth as I've not been able to get the hang of painting the white on armour plates. Cloth I don't find as bad, but I've never quite known how to apply the shades to armour plates. I'm very pleased how the armour on her has come out, and hope I can apply that to the warjacks I've got waiting.

Next step for the Menoth army is the horde of Zealots and the Warjacks. Of those, I think the Warjacks are going to cause me the most problems. I've painted and stripped my Crusader about 4 times now, but I'm hoping a new take on painting white will help now.





3 comments:

  1. Looks really nice. How much of a bitch was she to put together?

    Do you use Flickr? If so there is a Warmachine/ Hordes group on there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An absolute pain in the arse to put together. I'm not sure if you've ever seen the miniature in pieces, but the banner is attached at the wrist, with a small connection to her hood. You /have/ to pin it, but there is next to nothing to drill for the pin. The waist joint is also a pain, but at least you have plenty of room to drill a pin in.

      I don't use Flickr, I should really check out some of the Warmachine/Hordes communities to get some feedback from more people.

      Delete
    2. I have nearly finished assembling/ painting Lich Lord Terminus. Not too bad to be honest although I think getting the wings on will be a right sod.

      If you have a Yahoo I.D. you can use that for Flickr, maybe even your Facebook login. It's also dead easy to use. Have you seen my page on there?

      Delete