Sunday 23 January 2011

40K Tau, The Start

I've made a productive start to the Tau, by clearing the table and sorting out a light with a daylight bulb!

Here is a pic of the army as it stands.

Thats:
12x Kroot mainly finished, just some highlights and basing to do.
12x Firewarriors, undercoated with some block colouring done on some
3x Stealth Suit, painted just need the bases finishing
3x Crisis Suits the most complete has some basic colouring done.
1x Broadside, just under coated.

I do also have a sniper unit, but that won't be fielded in the 1000pts army, so has been left on the shelf.

Being added to this will be a Pathfinder unit, another Firewarrior unit and a Devilfish. Exact loadouts of the Crisis suits are still being tweaked, plus I'm not going to give everything away, my opponants are likely to read this. :)

Last time at 750pts, I did well against the 'Nids, suffered against the Raven Guard when I lost my heavy support, and was taken apart by the Blood Angels when they got into close combat.

I failed to use the Kroot effectively, sticking them in cover at the back. Sure they had an excellent cover save, but they didn't get to shoot anything until near the end of each game. Solution, deploy them more sensibly and also use them to assault if the opportunity arises.

Against the Blood Angels, I was thrown then they deployed off table and deep striking everything. Next time I won't be caught off guard by that.

Enough talking, time to paint something!

No comments:

Post a Comment