Thursday 20 January 2011

40K Tau

My current war gaming project is to expand my 40K Tau army from its existing 750pts up to 1000pts ready for some games at the beginning of May.

Some of the 750pts is painted, but most is only base coated, so I now have 3 months to get it all finished.

Lets hope I do better this time.

The upgrades to the army are ordered and on-route, so I should really dig my painting table out again so I can actually do some painting!

The trouble is, winter is a terrible time to want to paint. The weather outside isn't good for undercoating, the natural light is weak, and vanishes half way through the afternoon, and artificial light just doesn't do as good a job. I'm going to have to buy a daylight bulb, and it seems they actually do energy saving versions of them these days! Hombase Link I know where I'll be popping on Saturday!

Keep an eye out for pictures as I work on them.

2 comments:

  1. Winter should be a good time to get some painting in, in the house, nothing much to do in front of the TV. Somehow it never works like that.

    Or if it does you then see the results in natural light and wonder why your supposedly khaki clad, pale skinned troops are in virulent green with severe sun burn...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I tend to fail at painting more in the winter. I have invested in a daylight bulb though, and that has helped the colouration issue!

    ReplyDelete