Thursday 31 January 2013

On The Painting Table - January

I'm going to go back to monthly on these, and I'm classing my last post as a round up!

Shockingly, I have more finished models, although to be fair these have been half done previously.

 My Warmonger Warchief again, for the reason I've got him based!

Inspired by the snow outside, I've finally experimented with creating a snow base. I always planned to use this sort of theme for my Legion, but you know what I'm like with my basing.

Anyway, I think it worked well, although I need to perfect the snow mix as it was a little more fluid than I wanted, and I lost a little bit of detail.





Undead Pirates are one of the things that drew me to Cryx in the first place, so Captain Rengrave is a must.

The wood deck base is the same type as I've created for my Satyxis, and that I'll eventually base the Revenent Crew onto. Onto a smooth layer of Green Stuff/Milliput I score a deck pattern out, and leave to dry. Brown painted, wash and a quick dry brush and they are done.









Finally, I can field the evil that is the Widow Shadow Combine!

Cryx's 3-man character unit, these should fit in nicely with my other Lich characters.

They all also have their names painted on the backs of the bases to remind me which Lich is which.




Sharp eyed readers will also notice I've put some arc marks on them. It has taken me long enough, but I'll be slowly going through the back catalogue and making sure they are all marked up for play.

Looking forward, I want to get my Satyxis finished off at last, hopefully I can get the scheme looking how I want. I've also got some random models I'm working on to keep some variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment